It was so great seeing everybody (and some dogs!) in Zoom today!
Post-Zoom updates made at 12:30…check the math section for link to one of our Zoom sessions and a link to the Keep, Change, Flip video/song.
READING: Maniac Magee! (1 hour)
- Read chapters 2-7 of Maniac Magee
- Do the Reader Response Questions: Chapters 2-7 on pages 14-16 of your packet.
- After you finish, go back to the Character Analysis section on pages 5-6 and fill in the “Description” and “Evidence from Text” column for 4 characters of your choice.
MATH: Dividing fractions: Video of one of today’s Zoom sessions: https://vimeo.com/398926897
- Your assignment is to do Pages 505 & 513
- A fun video to remind you of the Keep,Change, Flip strategy for re-writing fraction division problems as fraction multiplication problems is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_3afn9L7XU
WRITING: Write a rough draft of a personal narrative
Log in to Google Classroom and open the document called, “Personal Narrative.” Then work on a draft of your story. Turn it in when you are finished. (30 minutes)
SPELLING CITY: Finish the assignments I posted. Then, make sure you are ready for tomorrow’s test. (10 minutes)
SOCIAL STUDIES: Pick up where you left off on the Brave New World project and spend another 20 minutes on it today. Remember, we are now doing all the categories. (20 minutes)
PE: Visit Ms. Tsagalakis’s site for some great ideas to keep moving: https://pe.st-johnschool.org/
Reminder…you can email me with questions or if you’d like to Facetime, email me the number you’d like me to call and we can chat!