To make viewing easier, today’s assignments are posted front and center!
READING: Achieve 3000: The Art of Funny (45 minutes) Complete the usual 5 steps as well as the stretch article and the stretch activity today. The thought question asks you to pick events from the reading you would include in a documentary. Make sure you choose at least 3 events! Also, be sure to explain why each event is important.
MATH: Practice fraction math skills on Splash Math (40 minutes)
- Go to splashlearn.com
- Click “Sign In” (in the upper right-hand corner of the screen)
- It should say, “Where are you playing SplashLearn?”
- Click on Class
- Type in our class code which is OJXIMM
- Select Your Profile (which means click on your name)
- Enter your Password…to see the list of passwords: CLICK HERE
- Do the 4 assigned activities
SPANISH: Visit Senora Blanca’s teacher page and do the assignment for Tuesday…I did not know she had an assignment for you so we will just do her assignments one day later this week https://spanish.st-johnschool.org/5th-grade-classes/ (30 minutes)
SOCIAL STUDIES: Pick up where you left off on the Brave New World project and spend another 30 minutes on it today. Remember, we are now doing all the categories. (30 minutes)
SPELLING CITY: Keep working on the assignments I posted. On Friday, I will check that these have been completed and log the work in to Powerschool, along with your vocab and spelling scores. (15 minutes)
WRITING: Back at school, we described a monster and wrote a story about him/her/it. Today, you will do a pre-write for a personal narrative AKA a story about yourself. (45 minutes)
- What is a personal narrative? Read this example: JET BIKES
- Watch this video to learn about brainstorming ideas: CLICK HERE
- Think about a story in your life to write about and fill out this graphic organizer: CLICK HERE. You can either print this or just copy the categories in your spiral notebook and make your own
Note: We’ll start writing the draft of your story tomorrow.
MUSIC: Click on the link here for today’s assignment in music. https://musicbecky.st-johnschool.org/5th-grade-distance-learning-assignments-march-18th-19th-2020/
PE: Visit Ms. Tsagalakis’s site for some great ideas to keep moving: https://pe.st-johnschool.org/