I am thrilled to welcome your child to fifth grade this year and am looking forward to exploring our rich curriculum as we sail toward our common goal of helping your child become a confident, well-educated, productive, Christ-centered person.
I believe the education of children should be a three-way partnership: you, your child, and the teacher. Together we can provide your child with an education devoted to academic excellence and committed to Christian values and ideals. The better our communication, the more effective we will be as a team. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Blessings, Kristine Kelley
- Students learn best by “doing” and should be given the opportunity to be involved in engaging tasks that challenge their thinking.
- Students should be respected and allowed to make choices.
- Students are empowered when they embrace responsibility.
- Parents are partners in helping their children have a successful school year.
Fifth Grade Goals:
- To provide an environment that cultivates students’ spiritual, academic, social and emotional growth
- To foster respect for individual differences
- To differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students
- To help students become active, responsible learners
- To develop healthy “Habits of Mind.”
- To facilitate the mastery of St. John’s Schoolwide Learning Expectations.