Get yourself comfy (I bet some of you are still in your jammiesJ) and get ready to learn!
What To Do:
- Click on the Distance Learning link in the sidebar for the day’s assignments. They will be posted each morning at 9:00am.
- Read over your assignments and gather your materials (pencil, spiral notebook, math book??).
- Find a quiet work place
- Plan on spending about 3 hours a day to complete all assigned work
- Put finished work in your Distance Learning folder or write it in the appropriate section of your spiral notebook so you can turn it in when we return
If you have questions about your work…
I will be holding on-line “office-hours” each day between 10-12. During this time, I will be seated at my computer ready to answer questions or help in anyway needed. Students can reach out via email or we can have a Facetime chat.
Materials Sent Home:
- Spiral notebook for paper and recording answers
- Novel- Maniac Magee and packet
- Mathbooks – Chapters 7, 8, 9, 10 (or you can use the student e-book on my teacher page)
- Brave New World Culture Project
- Religion book- Spirit of Truth (remember not to write in it. Instead record your answers in your spiral notebook)
A Note to Parents: Thank you so much for all you are doing to partner with us as we implement our distance learning plan! While our fifth graders have gained so much independence this year, they still rely on some support to be successful. You can help by setting aside time each day to check over your child’s work, answer questions, and by offering feedback and praise. Be sure to reach out if you have any questions, comments, or brilliant ideas for ways to make this time more productive.
I am thinking about you all the time and praying that you stay healthy and happy!
Love, Ms. Kelley
For today’s lessons click on the sidebar–Distance Learning: Week of March 16